lunes, 31 de diciembre de 2018

Two Feminists Have a Conversation


American broadcaster Terry Gross interviews British singer-songwriter Tracey Thorn, who has released the album "Record", which has been acclaimed by critics.  In a woman-to-woman conversation, these two feminists talk about the inspiration for her new songs, about a young woman's terror of getting pregnant, and her urgency to have children later in life; about Tracey's long-lasting relationship with Benn Watt, her music partner and life partner, about how feminism has changed over the years, and many more things.  The interview lasts 42:30, and there is a script for support.

You can watch some of her songs on YouTube:

Sisters, a song that was inspired by the feminist rally in March 2018 in London,  it says "I am a mother, I am a sister and I fight like a girl".

In Queen, she wonders "Am I queen? Do I ever find love? Or I'm still waiting".

In Air, she talks about growing up as a girl and she sings: Oh, oh, oh, I need some air/I need air/And I like the boys, the boys, the boys, the boys/I love the boys/But they like, the girly, girly, girly, girly, girls/And look straight through me/Like plate glass, like fresh air/Like I wasn't even there/I need air/I need some air/I need air.